Zinc is present in all bodily tissues and fluids, and forms an essential part of many enzymes that play a role in the metabolism of carbohydrates, fats, proteins, and lipids. The presence of zinc in enzyme molecules is essential primarily for the catalytic function thereof, yet it also contributes to the fixation of their spatial structures. The main natural sources of zinc are whole grains, nuts, some legumes, asparagus, and eggs.
Zinc contributes to:
- Normal cognitive function
- Normal DNA synthesis, fertility and reproduction, cell division
- Normal metabolism of acids and bases, micronutrients, and vitamin A
- Normal protein synthesis
- Maintenance of normal bones, hair, nails, and skin
- Maintenance of normal blood testosterone levels
- Normal immune system function
- The protection of cells from oxidative stress
Zinc is a natural component of the ingredients in ManaPowder and ManaDrink. We also add it in the form of zinc gluconate. Precise information on the quantity of zinc in ManaPowder Origin can be found here. Precise information on the quantity of zinc in ManaDrink Origin can be found here.
Mana is nutritionally complete food. Enjoy it as part of a balanced and healthy lifestyle.
Tolerable upper intake levels for vitamins and minerals, Scientific Committee on Food, Scientific Panel on Dietetic Products, Nutrition and Allergies, EFSA 2006.
Vitamin and mineral requirements in human nutrition: report of a joint FAO/WHO expert consultation, Bangkok, Thailand, 21–30 September 1998.