ManaPowder™ Gingerbread Cookies
A healthy twist on a worldwide holiday staple.
Preparation: 🕒 1 hour and 15 minutes
- 200 g/7 oz ManaPowder Origin
- 100 g/3.5 oz finely ground almonds
- 100 g/3.5 oz coconut oil (solidified)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 11 tablespoons agave syrup
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons gingerbread spice mix
- 2 teaspoons gingerbread baking powder
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- Powdered sugar
1Mix together all dry ingredients: ManaPowder Origin, ground almonds, cocoa, spices, baking powder, and a bit of ground nutmeg.
2Add the agave syrup, coconut oil, and lemon zest, then knead the mixture into a compact dough.
3Let the dough sit in the refrigerator for about an hour, then spread it onto a tray about 0.2 inches deep and cut out cookies.
4Bake at 350 °F for around 12 minutes (adjust time and temperature for your oven).
5For the frosting, mix the lemon juice and water together in a bowl, then slowly whisk in the powdered sugar until the mixture thickens. Next, put it into a piping bag and decorate the cookies.